Monday, January 12, 2009

the wii

This post has been on hold for a few weeks because I thought Lucas would blog about it, but he hasn't yet, so since I have nothing else to blog about, meet our Wii Fit.

We got a Wii Fit for Christmas as our gift from Luc's parents, and it is one of the coolest things ever. No, really, I don't even like video games, but this is spectacular. Not only does it have balance games, yoga, strength training and aerobics, it is your very own personal trainer, complete with sarcastic comments and just enough of an attitude to make you feel guilty about your health choices.

For instance:
I logged in this morning after having not logged in since Saturday (only one day removed). The Wii Fit proceeded to ask if I was "too busy to work out yesterday?" You can almost hear the condescending tone, especially since Lucas has now become self-conscious about not only how much time he puts in on the Wii Fit, but about his eating habits. He even refused to go to McDonald's last week on the premise that the Wii would know that he had been to McDonald's. (Since watching Eagle Eye, he has become a little paranoid.)

But the games are fun, and this may be the only time EVER that I succeed in beating my husband at a video game. It has become my own personal conquest. Every time I get a higher score on a balance game I send him a text letting him know. And I successfully managed to make my Wii Fit age equivalent to my actual age, so I had to let him know that too. Unfortunately, he has managed to make his Wii Fit age younger than his actual age. But today I beat his score on the snowboarding game, for which he has many excuses, but I still hang on to the fact that even if it's nothing like real snowboarding, I still won!

2 comments:

Tyler said...

you see, boys being better at games than girls has nothing to do w/ content. It's all about input. As long as you don't have to coordinate thumbs and fingers w/ what's going on [on the screen], then you have a great chance of winning.

Lucas said...

What Tyler is saying is boys are all about the wrist action...