Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Musings

"Faith revolves around a crisis in personal relationship more than intellectual doubts...
Faith offers the option of continuing to trust God even while accepting the limits of our humanity, which means accepting that we cannot answer the 'Why?' questions...
For many people, it takes the jolt of tragedy, illness, or death to create an existential crisis of faith. At such a moment, we want clarity; God wants our trust."
(philip yancey_reaching for the invisible God)

"If knowing answers to life's questions is absolutely necessary to you, then forget the journey. You will never make it, for this is a journey of unknowables--of unanswered questions, enigmas, incomprehensibles, and most of all, things unfair."
(jeanne guyon)

*
I hate that women are the emotional sex. It really frustrates me. I tend to be emotional. (Gasp!) I know, shocking. And in turn, I tend to have an identity crisis every other month or so, and I keep wondering if this will ever stop happening. I have no reason to feel this way, it just happens. And when you're younger, this is perfectly acceptable--the feeling of not knowing who you are or who you are supposed to be. I always assumed, though, that by the time I finished college, I would have all of that figured out. Seriously, your mid-twenties sounds so old when you're in high school.

But guess what....I don't have it figured out, hence the recurring crises. (I think my current moodiness has been heightened by the thunderstorm...I love thunderstorms. Tomorrow it's supposed to snow.) And as something of a control freak, the idea of letting all that go and trusting God...well, that is a bit outrageous.

No comments: