Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hillsong United....rock & roll....

So I know I don't blog about my job very often, but here's a job-related post.

One of the things I am most passionate about in my life is worship through music. I know there are lots of other ways to worship, but I connect to God best through music. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that God genetically engineered me as a musician, who knows.

So last night, a whole bunch of our arts teams from various CCC campuses went to see Hillsong United in concert. They are a kickin' worship band from Australia. We have been introducing their songs left and right in the past eight months or so, which means we have officially shifted from Crowder Community Church to Hillsong Community Church. In fact, we finally planned our first service with ALL Hillsong United songs this past week. It was quite an accomplishment.

I didn't take any pictures....because they told me not to. The big screen said no cameras or video recording devices. But if you would like to experience a little bit of the concert, check out Bill Carroll's blog (www.multisitearts.com). Apparently he didn't follow the rules. He also posted several pictures of Lucas with his hands way in the air....I don't know why he is so weird. But I did inform him that his shirt was clearly not up to stage standards, because you're supposed to do the arm check before you leave the house. If you raise your hands and your stomach is showing, you are not dressed appropriately to be on stage. Good thing we were just in the parking lot.

It was a great show. Great company as well. We didn't get home until after midnight due to a post-concert stop at Steak 'n Shake because we were all dying of hunger. It's been a while since I'd been to a worship conference...as a worship leader, it's nice to be able to go to a worship service and just relax instead of analyzing everything to death.

Thank God for youth group bands from Australia who write really catchy songs with great instrumental hooks.

No comments: