Wednesday, July 18, 2007

sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself...

So the other day, I had to laugh at myself. The only other alternative was to be completely embarrassed.

I was trying to explain to someone where the Hancock building is, and I was 100% convinced that it was on the left side of Michigan Avenue if you're driving north. Except that by left, I actually meant right.

The really sad part is that I was completely adamant that I was correct, to the extent that I actually looked at the person trying to correct me as if they were stupid.

And then I realized that I don't know the difference between right and left.

So I've been forming an L with both hands lately in order to determine which hand is my left and which is my right.

You would think....at the age of 24.....that I would have this stuff down by now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm having more problems with that than when I was a youngster. I think it's because I do so much teaching backwards (mirroring, if you will) with the little ones. So I'll constantly find myself saying 'step right' when I'm really stepping left. And my girls are like, 'Uh, Miss Shelley... that's your left. You keep on doing that.' And I have to say 'Yes girls, I'm a total moron.' Or something to that extent. Sometimes words like 'moron' don't go over too well with the 8-year old crowd.