Saturday, February 9, 2008

mysteries

Me: JK, when did you get that rug outside the door?

JK: I was going to ask you the same thing. I almost texted you when I left for work yesterday but I didn't want to wake you up.

Me: Funny, I was going to text you the same thing when you were at work.

JK: So, you didn't buy the rug?

Me: No. I thought you did.

JK: Did Lucas bring it over?

Me: No, it was outside our door when he came over the other night. That was the first time I saw it, so I just assumed you brought it with you after work.

JK: I didn't see it until Friday morning when I left for work.

Me: So, neither of us bought the rug?

JK: Nope.

Me: Weird.

3 comments:

Lucas said...

Still don't believe in the Christmas Eagle?

Laura. Laura Nicole. said...

Ok, so the same thing happened to my roomie and I...except with food. Molly SWORE that she had apple bread, but we couldn't find it anywhere. Instead, in our fridge was a tupperware of mashed potatoes. After several weeks I finally asked her "Can I get rid of these potatoes?" "um...they're not mine." After a few minutes of trying to figure out where they came from, we just threw them away. No one said anything about missing them and we still have no idea where the potatoes (or tupperware) came from. There was also something like involving garlic bread, but we eventually found the owner of that. Every now and again something weird shows up and we wonder if the bread-stealer/potato-giver put it there. It seems our fridge is community housing for all my friends' food. At least you got a rug out of the deal. All we got were moldy spuds. So this was a long comment...

Tyler said...

i t w a s m e