Monday, April 14, 2008

moe's

Last Tuesday I went to Moe's. It was my first time there. Moe's is a pseudo-Mexican restaurant in the same vein as Chipotle and Qdoba, though the people I accompanied to Moe's claimed, of course, that it was highly superior.

Apparently I am not a good judge of food. I have been told that I should be able to tell the difference between World Famous Tacos and...all other kinds of tacos, but honestly, a taco is a taco to me. Yes, Moe's was good. I will admit that. And they have sweet tea. Which makes it better than any restaurant that does not have sweet tea. (I am slowly coming to believe that I was really meant to live in a much warmer climate...say, Georgia...judging by my penchant for warm weather and sweet tea.) My vegetarian burrito was tasty. (No, I am not a vegetarian.) But overall, it was pretty comparable to the other pseudo-Mexican restaurants in the area.

What made this dining experience interesting, though, was the company with which I visited this fine establishment. I went with some co-workers, Bill Carroll, BT (last name unknown), and Chris Heller. Apparently Chris frequents Moe's. As we walked in, several of the workers knew him BY NAME. I have never eaten somewhere frequently enough to have the staff know me by name, not to mention by order. It was so great. In a highly impersonal society, the workers at Moe's know Chris Heller. I love it. It may make Chris seem a little sad, I'll admit, but it's good to know that we still have the capacity to establish relationships with people beyond our circle of friends, acquaintances and coworkers. It's like being in a small town where there's only one restaurant so of course the workers know their regulars, but we are in the suburbs. I find this fascinating!

Nice work, Chris. Way to eat at Moe's so often that the workers know your name. I congratulate you on this shining accomplishment.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You would never survive in the south with your distinct lack of passion for mexican food. Next you will tell me all barbeque is the same!

TimR

Samantha said...

I love sweet tea. I wish that every place I ate at had it.

Samantha said...

I love sweet tea. I wish that every place I ate at had it.

Shelley Christensen said...

I saw a commercial the other day for McDonalds - apparently they have sweet tea. Have you checked that out yet?

Lucas said...

I love sweet tea. I wish that every place I ate had it.

Lucas said...

I love sweet tea. I wish that every place I ate had it.

The Carroll Family said...

WELCOME TO MOE'S!
-Bill

Anonymous said...

interesting that you are impressed Chris and people at a restaurant knowing his name. it's a wonder you don't know the names of people who attend the church where you are called a "leader"

mrs a. said...

i agree with you on your whole theory of moe's. good but not GREAT lol