Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Why I love volunteers

Exhibit A:



I guess I should clarify...I love MY volunteers at my campus. They are totally rad, as can be seen in the above example. But in all seriousness, our services would be totally lame without my awesome team of volunteers who give up their weekends after working all week in order to have artistic moments in church. I love working with my team of artists. I really do. And there is no way I could make all the artistic elements we plan happen on my own. Contrary to popular belief, I am not a one-woman show. So thanks to all the volunteers at Montgomery...I really appreciate you all. I love that you roll with the punches, and that no matter how weird our ideas may seem, you help me make them happen. Even when I want to sing Madonna. With a side ponytail. You wear afro wigs, and play crazy songs, and give up your Saturdays for rehearsal....and just plain rock.

I think I have the best volunteers at CCC. I know that it's not really a competition, but my artists are the best. We're not supposed to say that, but you know what, I'm gonna put it out there. Sometimes I feel like Montgomery is the little campus that could, the underdog campus, and I'm out to prove that we rock as hard as anyone else. Especially to 80s music...

2 comments:

JediJeff said...

And how did we survive the 80's dressed like that again?

Lucas said...

Charissa isn't old enough to remember the 80's. Her favorite show was the 90's classic Blossom.