Friday, November 2, 2007

one of those days....

So yesterday I had what can only be described as a retarded day. I know, I know, what an ugly word choice, but seriously....

On Thursdays I go to DePaul for class...in Lincoln Park. On Thursdays I also teach ONE piano lesson in Romeoville. And I live in Aurora (not just on Thursdays but every day). So typically I drive to Romeoville to do my piano lesson and since I'm right by the interstate I go ahead and head into DePaul. Yesterday, though, I forgot my wallet. This is significant for 2 reasons: I needed gas, and I needed my student ID. Generally I don't freak out if I forget my license...it's usually fine. But there was no way I was making it to the city unless I got gas. So I had to drive all the way back to Aurora, which put me way behind schedule, and also had me leaving at a bad traffic time.

Prior to all this, however, I walked into a window.
That was the low point of my day.
I'm serious. It's hard to envision without seeing it, but I went to open a door, found it locked, turned to go into another room (this was all right before I had to teach a piano lesson) and walked smack into the door-height window. I thought I broke my nose. I mean, I hit the window full force, with my nose. And I don't know about you, but I have found that I have a highly sensitive nose--in matters of pain. Any time I get hit in the nose (which, let me tell you, is more frequent than you might think) it hurts more than I think it should. So the dull throbbing that sustained through the rest of the day yesterday across the bridge of my nose and cheekbones did not help as I sat in traffic.

It was really one of those days. A retarded day. And yes, my nose is still feeling a little sore. I wouldn't be surprised if it bruises...it would be just my luck.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I found this post to be politically incorrect. Just say you had a restarted day - then you can cover it all up.

Keith said...

I agree with Tyler about the political incorrect-ness. I think 'retarded' people would be insulted they are being lumped in with wallet forgetters and window walking intoers...