Tuesday, December 19, 2006

so this is christmas...

Christmas always seems to sneak up on me. I mean, I've known it was coming for the last 6 weeks or so, but now that it's less than a week away, I am starting to begin panic-mode. Not because I still have shopping to do (at least I don't think so), not because the weekend is going to be so crazy, but because I want to actually __pause__ to think about Christmas. The week before always gets me all wound up, and I don't take the time to __pause__.

I am really excited about our Christmas services, though. Not only does our building look amazing, but the services are going to be phenomenal. And I don't say that from a pride standpoint, but because I love Christmas and I'm excited to share Christmas with everyone else. Ahh. But it is the only day out of the year that I ever want snow, and it doesn't look like we will have any. How unfortunate.

In other news, for everyone wondering what I'm getting for Christmas....well, it will not be any sort of jewelry that goes on any of my fingers, particularly the 3rd finger of my left hand. Let me just reassure you of that so you can stop asking, stop looking at my hand, stop dropping hints, stop winking....ok, so no one has really been winking, but I have had several people ask. I promise that if that event occurs, it will be posted.

Hershey came out with peppermint kisses this holiday season. They are quite delightful.

2 comments:

Lucas said...

That's right, there is no need for an engaugement ring this Christmas as we were already married secretly on October 25th and Charissa "went to Florida with a family she babysat for" not her "honeymoon."

Finally, everyone can know.

P.S. There may or may not be a baby on the way.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a merry Christmas, Charissa.