Monday, December 11, 2006

Tiny little miracles.....

So I'll admit....I'm definitely not a Scrooge about Christmas, but I can tend to be a bit of a "Scrooge" (if you will) about....babies. It just seems that everyone is having babies right now, and it's a bit overwhelming.

But truthfully, I love babies. They are tiny and amazing and the most perfect little things ever.

Last night I had the honor of seeing the littlest baby I've ever seen....Lucas called me at around 1:30 this morning to say that his niece was due to arrive in about half an hour and invited me to come to the hospital. By the time I got there, they had just brought this tiny little squirmy thing into the room....Keira....and she was just as perfect as could be. Weighing in at just shy of six pounds, she was so tiny, so brand-new, so little....I just couldn't get over it. So I have had my first newborn experience.... Lucas claims that he is nervous about having a niece and would rather have had a nephew, but I keep telling him that little girls are the best thing in the world. I think now that Keira is here he will start believing me.

Luckily I had my camera with me (although I have yet to download my pictures, so there will be none for now....)--which is an important life lesson: always carry your camera. You never know when you will need it to capture the important things in life....especially if everyone else forgot their cameras. Sometimes I think about taking my camera out of my purse, but I never do. I am so smart...s-m-r-t....

1 comment:

Keith said...

I think the photo issues on my blog are resolved...